For some people hiring a boat is a definition of the perfect holiday. The best place for boat hire in Sydney is from charter or boat companies. The annual cost of owning a boat which includes costs like maintenance, mooring and insurance including taxes can be pretty high. Plus owning a boat means that you are stuck with the same old model year after year. When you charter or hire a boat, you can get to enjoy different models for each trip.
In order to make the most of your boat hire, make sure you keep the following things in mind:
- When choosing a boat hire in Sydney make sure you choose a company which can be trusted and which is known to have a good reputation
- It’s important to look for things like a reliable fleet and staff. They should have the necessary experience of dealing with all kinds of situation which might arise at sea.
- The next thing to look out for is that all the documents regarding the boat should be in order. This is a sign that the boat is authorized to be used at sea.
- Make sure you take a look at the crew log, the number of people employed to handle the boat. The boat should also be insured and the company should also offer passenger insurance. The boat should be registered along with the charter permission. All this documentation should be in order.
- Don’t forget to view the charter contract. It may compromise of certain clauses which might cause an issue later on. You should look for all the services which are mentioned in the contract to avoid disappointment. You may expect a certain service only to find out later it wasn’t mentioned in the contract.
- Make sure you know the kind of boat you should hire. This would depends on the number of people who plan to accompany you on the boat trip. This is important because the marine organization only allows a certain number of people on a particular vessel. Also keep in mind that there should be room for the crew if any and also the life-saving equipment. Normally smaller bats do not have too much room. If you are more than a few people, make sure to hire a bigger boat.
- Another factor which would impact the choice of the boat is your budget. Keep in mind that different vessels would cost different. For example motor boats cost more than regular boats because those require fuel. Also a boat which is equipped with the latest technology would cost more.
- The rates for boat hire also depend upon the boating season. For example during peak tourists seasons hiring a boat might be more expensive.
- Last but not the least, make sure you have planned your route beforehand. Also note that the boat has enough life-saving equipment and the skipper has a boating license.
Keeping all these things in mind if you look to lease a marina berth or hire a boat in Sydney.