Roof racks come in handy if you take frequent trips with your family. Whether you are an avid camper or an enthusiastic off roader, roof racks can help store your gear and allow you extra room space inside the vehicle. Most 4wds come equipped with basic roof racks however you might need specialized roof racks to carry your canoes or bicycles or even your camping gear.
Different types of roof racks
- The first type are full roof racks, these come with roof rails and crossbars and can be easily attached with the help of gear adaptors. If you are thinking about carrying certain equipment on the roof you simply need adaptors to clamp these onto the existing crossbars. One of the biggest advantages of full roof racks is that this makes transportation quiet easy.
- Roof rails. While these do not comprise of any crossbars this concern just the purpose and an easily available in the market place. You simply need to attach this with the help of some basic hand tools.
- Factory fitted roof racks are a good option if you do not need to store anything on top of the car while you are travelling. However if you are not satisfied with the kind of crossbars attached to your vehicle you always have an option of going for the aftermarket roof racks available easily.
What you should know before installing roof racks
- You can buy aftermarket roof racks in the form of a kit but you can also avail these in individual pieces mixing and matching them depending on your vehicle and your requirements. You might also need to purchase their adaptors which would be able to attach your cargo
- You should also keep the roof height in mind when installing roof racks on to your vehicle. You must be mindful of the height limit.
- Before you purchase a roof rack it is important to have an idea about the exact size of your vehicle. Not all cars or 4wd are equipped to stand the heavy duty weight of roof racks. Usually the ideal weight is around hundred to 150 kg. This also includes the weight of the roof rack. So be extra careful when buying something that is too heavy or otherwise it might hinder the performance of your 4wd.
- When buying aftermarket roof racks, you also need to consider where you are buying it from. It is advisable to purchase this from a reliable vendor. This would ensure that you do not buy something which is low quality or which would need to be replaced every now and then. The roof racks are to be bought according to your specific requirements. If you are simply looking for something to tie or secure some lightweight stuff you can easily go for simple railings which come with adaptors and a security rope.
Make sure that you consider the above mentioned tips before paying for installation for Rhino Roof Racks.